Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hard Work Will Pay Off


This is one of the toughest weeks of schoolwork I've ever had. And today begins a long weekend of just reading and Japanese practice. Luckily, the Olympics also start today, to balance everything out for me. Read on for some updates into the week, as well as some Olympic stuff.

If you couldn't already tell by previous posts, I'm not a science person, but I am taking two science GEs this quarter. I thought they'd be easy, but they have ended up posing a huge challenge for me. I'm having to do a lot of reading this weekend, which really sucks. Combine that with the current difficulty of my Japanese class, which is one of the hardest languages, and you just have a bunch of stress amassed. But as far as these next few weeks go, the amount of work I do this weekend will be worth it.

First of all, NBC's Olympic coverage starts tonight. While the opening ceremonies aren't until tomorrow at 7:30, a few of the events have already gone underway and NBC's broadcast starts at 8:00. Here's their description for tonight's pre-opening ceremony events:

Coverage of the 2014 Games in Sochi, Russia, begins with the men's and pairs short programs in the Olympics' first-ever figure-skating team event. Also: men's and women's snowboarding (slopestyle); and women's freestyle skiing (moguls). The 10 highest-ranked nations compete in the figure-skating event.

Snowboarding's pretty cool. As an aside, I've been playing the SSX snowboarding game for the PS3. It's a lot of stupid fun, as it presents just some of the most unrealistic snowboarding there can be. But I digress, the Olympic snowboarding is very awesome. All posts with Olympic coverage or thoughts will be tagged with "Olympics."



Another thing that'll make the upcoming weeks pretty exciting is this right here. All Lightning Returns coverage and posts will be tagged "LRFFXIII." Once I'm done with all my work, this and the Olympics will be my primary focus for at least a full week of blogging. All those free games from PS+ for this month will have to wait. College and getting to my goal of becoming a film major comes before all games and TV.

So there you have it. I'm just extremely busy, but the Olympics are still happening and I'm still gonna try and catch everything.

- It's Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment