Friday, February 21, 2014

Lightning Progress


Here's one of those bigger Lightning Returns progress updates where I will go over certain aspects of the game. May contain light spoilers. Also inside, some thoughts on the new Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and some Olympic news, too.

So Lightning's been out for ten days now, and I've got a fair amount of progress. Less than I would like, but I've been so busy with school work and I think that's just how it'll have to be throughout this play through of Lightning. The timer and only allowing players to access certain areas at various times is a little obnoxious, but I think I'm getting through fairly well with the guide, even though I'm definitely still an in-game day behind. Judging by what everyone else says, though, I'll be fine.

Aside from Perfect Guarding, I think I've finally pretty much got the battle system down. I'm not having as much trouble with enemies as I did in the first week, so that's a pretty good sign. The first main boss, Noel gave me a little bit of trouble, but I finished him off with some sort of ease after changing my one of my Schema to an electric type so they all had electric spells and boosts. Right now I'm doing side quests in the Wildlands, which isn't as cool as fighting monsters. My biggest gripe with the game... maybe my only besides the inconvenience of the timer, is the NPCs and their rambling. Like, the VAs should put a little more effort into the quest-giving characters, especially for the amount of rambling dialogue the player has to sit through, or skip, in my case, and probably a lot of others.

I've still yet to visit one of the four main areas, which seems kind of weird for what day I'm in, but I've mostly just been losing time due to misinterpreted directions from the guide in the Wildlands. But that should be taken care of soon. The WIldlands is the largest area in the game, so there's quite a bit to take care of there. It's just those NPCs could have been done better. But I digress, this game is fun. I will continue to update my progress.

In the Olympics front, none of the female figure skaters from the US won a medal in their competition, but skaters from Russia, Korea, and Italy did. The Olympics are kind of winding down as the closing ceremony approaches. I've gotta say it's been pretty great so far.

And finally, this week saw the premiere of the new Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. It's been really funny all week long and has had a lot of fun surprise guests. I feel like Jimmy Fallon is really enjoying the job at the earlier time slot, and Seth Meyers is getting ready to start the new Late Night on Monday, right after Fallon. This week, Jimmy has had Will Smith, U2, Jerry Seinfeld, Bradley Cooper, Michelle Obama, Will Ferrel, and more, including Justin Timberlake in a few hours. Needless to say, it's been great so far.

- It's Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment