Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Final Stretch


I feel like this past week has kind of been like an Olympic race, and that today is the final stretch of that race. You know, having to really just review materials and write and get better at things. There's a few personal things I need to touch on here.

First of all, this week and my not working as hard as absolutely possible has taught me a lesson: I need to devote time each day to things, as opposed to time here, and time there. I'm very susceptible to distraction when I'm trying to work, and as soon as this week is over, I'm planning on working much harder and more diligently. I haven't played a single video game all week, and I still feel like it's distraction from work that's the biggest enemy. I only watched a few episodes of anime as I ate lunch and stuff, so where did all of the other time go? Not clubs, I took a week off from those. I feel like just the sheer amount of social distraction can sometimes be a huge problem for me, so my goal is to find a balance. I also intend to fully keep up with readings for classes. As for Japanese, I need a lot of practice if I'm going to succeed in that class. It's gotten very difficult and I need to keep up.

That being said, I do have time set aside for Olympics and Lightning Returns. This week will be more relaxing for me, anyway, with the exception of quite a large oral presentation I need to memorize for Japanese. Stuff like that is very annoying, sometimes.

I took a trip for a class today to see some faults and rocks and stuff. It wasn't terribly exciting, but I got some fresh air, which I don't feel that I've gotten all week long. It's been a very odd week. I feel like I'm much too relaxed about my work, and that's just the wrong way to go about it. 

But let me be blunt: I'm ready for some relaxing that doesn't stem from distraction, and that's just what I intend to do beginning Wednesday afternoon. I'm behind on so many shows, but Olympics and Lightning take full precedence for a few weeks. PS4 is finally going to get another huge game in just around 6 weeks, so everything should be taken care of by then. I never want to have this much weight of work on my shoulders again, though. It's just been a rough week that should have been less distracting.

Wish me luck on this week's midterms, quizzes, and oral presentations.

- It's Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment