Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Harsh College Times


It's week three of my second year of the quarter, and I've already got a midterm. Seems pretty weird, but I guess these science GE's I'm taking have weirdly-placed midterms. Today, allow me to briefly go over some stuff I've been doing in the real world.

First of all, I have a midterm in my earthquakes class tomorrow. Not a terribly interesting class, for me, at least. As you may have read, I'm a more creative person with an interest in filmmaking, so earthquakes is a subject of no interest to me. It just seemed like it should be one of the easier science GE requirements to satisfy. I hope I was right.

I'm also taking a marine biology class. The first week had like, the same material as the earthquakes class, so it was pretty dull. I'm just really trudging through these science classes to fulfill the requirements. Nothing special here. It'll probably get more interesting later on.

Speaking of tests, I have a Japanese test tomorrow right after my earthquakes midterm. Talk about badly-placed. Although it's a hard language, I do enjoy it a good amount. Better than earthquakes and algae, that's for sure. 

I am a member of a few clubs, and this quarter, I'm making it a point to go to more meetings. One of these clubs is a writing club, where we're prompted to write a short something, and people also submit their works to read and be critiqued and commented upon. It's a pretty nice group of people. I've only missed one meeting so far this quarter, so I'm on a roll.

I'm also a member of a Christian group on campus, as well as the anime club, which I might go to once every other week if I'm not busy. I may also try fencing out, but I'm not sure how that will go. I may like it, or may not, but I will probably look into that fairly soon. 


I walk around campus a lot, but that's mostly because my classes are really far away this quarter. Like, what took 15 minutes last quarter, takes up to 25 this quarter. But you know, it's really nice around here, and I've got my music, so it doesn't bother me at all. 

The area by our campus has a lot of sushi places and fast food like Chick-Fil-A, In n Out, and Five Guys. Just a whole mess of eating establishments, and a lot of markets like a Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and a Target, which is where I pick up movies and stuff. Just recently, I took the bus down to Santa Monica, where they have a larger selection of actual places to shop and not just a huge array of restaurants, but both places have their charms.

That's all for today, I've got some tests I need to review for and I just thought I'd share some things going on in my life. I'm thinking of things to post for the rest of the week!

- It's Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment