Friday, January 3, 2014

Space Dandy and Going Back to School


Tomorrow night is the big night, the US premiere of Space Dandy. I'm also returning to UCLA tomorrow for my second quarter. More about each after the jump.

Space Dandy is the newest anime from Shinichiro Watanabe, who has previously directed anime classics like Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, as well as the newer anime, Kids on the Slope. It follows Dandy, an alien hunter, his friends, and their crazy space adventures.

What's really cool about Space Dandy? It's premiering in the US before it even airs in Japan, and that's very cool. It starts at 11:30 on Toonami (Adult Swim), becoming the first extension to the block. It's gonna be a really cool show, too, and probably funny, too. Be sure to catch it, even if you've never seen anime before.

Also, after Space Dandy and Bleach, Toonami's also premiering Naruto Shippuden. The first arc is kind of slow and dull, but it gets better when characters like Sai and Yamato show up later on.

So, I'm headed back to UCLA tomorrow, classes begin on Monday. This quarter, I'm continuing with my second quarter of Japanese. It's a tough language, but it's also kind of fun, and now I can understand a lot of the anime I watch even without subtitles. You know, particular phrases and such.

Other than that, I'm whittling down science GEs, because I don't want to be weighed down by them later. I'm taking an Earthquakes class and a class on the "Living Ocean." The text book for the latter was $180, but I found a copy online for $40. Moral of the story, kids: Don't buy your textbooks at the university.

Hopefully it will be a less stressful quarter than my first. I had one class that drove me crazy.. Anyway, that's what's up for now. Again, make sure to catch Space Dandy!

- It's Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment