Monday, January 27, 2014

New Comics and Daft Punk


This week features three new comics I'm looking forward to from DC. In addition, I'd like to discuss Daft Punk and their recent wins at the Grammys yesterday. Needless to say, both aspects of this post are awesome and fun.

First of all, Daft Punk's Random Access Memories won best album of the year, their song "Get Lucky" won best record of the year, and they, themselves won best duo of the year. I totally called this when I picked up RAM on release day. The album is epic in every sense of the word. So many genres of music are blended to make something unheard by human ears. This album is easily my favorite album of the year, and, of course, has my favorite song of the year, "Get Lucky."

"Give Life Back to Music," the album's opening track is a close second. The whole album is really exciting and the best I've picked up since Gorillaz's Plastic Beach back in 2010. Highly recommend, and congrats to Daft Punk for all the love and success.

Onwards, to comic books!


Talon #15

Talon may be over to an extent, as the main story is finished, but that doesn't mean we won't be getting issues for the next three months. I'd highly recommend giving this series a look, as it's quite good and definitely a welcome spinoff to the Court of Owls arc from the main Batman comic.

Check out a preview. Comic Book Realm



Damien: Son of Batman #4

Well, here we are at the end of this miniseries. It's been weird, it hasn't really made too much sense, but it's printed on super high-quality paper and has some amazing art. Plus it's only four issues. Either way, come for the art, leave for the rest. Damien isn't too good, but it's a nice distraction.

Check out a preview. DC Comics Facebook


Batman and Robin Annual #2

I don't usually read the Batman and... series, but I feel like this might be a cool Annual to check out, especially since it's Batman alongside the original Robin in their first week of being partners. Sounds pretty fun, and I will be looking into this comic.

Check out a preview. Newsarama

That's all for tonight. Pretty big week for music and comics.

- It's Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment