Friday, January 17, 2014

My Top 10 Games of 2013 Part 1


It was a huge year for game last year. Not just because new consoles got released, but because everyone brought out their best stuff yet. I've played a total of 23 games released in 2013, so here's #10-6.



#10. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS)

Chances are, if it's a SMT game, it's going straight on any top lists of mine. I can't get enough of this long-running RPG universe, and Soul Hackers is a huge game. Originally released in Japan in 1997, for the Sega Saturn, Soul Hackers never saw a US release until this year on the 3DS. It's full of SMT-standard enemy conversation and battling, and has some of the most intense boss fights in RPGs.


#9. BioShock Infinite (PS3)

I've only played the demo of the original BioShock game, but I didn't like it that much. This, however, is awesome. Not only is the story one of the best of the year and all time, but the characters are awesome, too. Your partner in the game, Elizabeth provides ammo, health, and salts (for powers) during your gunfights, and is generally awesome. The vast world you're put into is also a sight to behold.


#8. Need for Speed Rivals (PS4)

I like arcade racers, and my PS4, and super awesome graphics, so Need for Speed Rivals pretty much hit all the points. It's probably the most intense racing game I've ever played, and allows you to play as both racer and cop through lengthy campaigns. There's definitely a lot of content here. I've played for well over 30 hours so far and I still have a lot to do before I get the Platinum. The team behind this game needs to just keep improving, because they've got a good thing going here.


#7. The Last of Us (PS3)

If The Last of Us had one exceptionally strong factor, it would be the story. It's emotionally driven, and among the absolute best I've ever seen in a game. Perhaps it would have been higher on my list if the gameplay was as good. I haven't been able to play through this game more than once simply for the fact that I wasn't the biggest fan of the gameplay. It's cool how the enemy AI behaves and the graphics are at an Uncharted 2 and 3 level of epic, but the game itself felt a little slow. Not that it shouldn't be for what it is, but I think people will remember The Last of Us for it's story.


#6. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (PS3)

Gasp! This is ahead of the Last of Us on your list? Heathen! Well, the plain simple truth is that Miku gave me more enjoyment than almost any other game this year, because I'm addicted to rhythm games, especially when I'm a fan of the music. This is a niche title. I'm also sure that 9/10 people have never even heard of this game. Fact of the matter is, I played this game for hours, and I'll continue to play it until it just gets boring, but I've played the song list many times, and I still love every second of furious button tapping.

Check back tomorrow for #5-1!

- It's Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment